Location: Plano, TX (Hybrid)
As an FP&A Analyst, you will interpret financial and operational performance in order to identify business risks and opportunities. This role will give you exposure to various elements of a strategic FP&A function and multiple key stakeholders. You'll partner with internal clients and contribute to all budgeting and planning processes, build complex revenue forecasting models from scratch, analyze marketing performance and sales metrics, and support the preparation of board materials. The ideal candidate will use their analytical mindset to analyze and interpret financial data, then relate it to potential business trends and issues. Excellent opportunity for internal growth and strong leadership.
- Support monthly forecasting cycles, understanding risks and opportunities from a revenue and expense perspective. Analyze budget and forecast variances to provide visibility and understanding into fluctuations in revenue and expense, as well as other key metrics
- Prepare monthly financial review templates for operating expenses including headcount analysis. Review and maintain templates for any changes to cost center and GL structures in the business intelligence tool and in NetSuite, including forecast-to-actuals mapping
- Support financial planning, consolidation, analysis, and coordination of monthly financial reporting. Prepare reporting including KPI dashboard, analysis, commentary and presentation materials for monthly and quarterly business review meetings
- Prepare monthly departmental financial reports
- Analyze marketing performance and work closely with Sales to drive systems and processes around visibility and reporting around pipeline, bookings and related commission achievement.
- Prepare and monitor the company’s detailed long-range strategic financial models. Provide financial modeling, scenario analysis, financial analysis for product development, pricing, long-term contracting, and other financial projects. Maintain, monitor, and analyze key company financial and operational metrics.
- Support FP&A transformation efforts leveraging business intelligence tools to increase visibility and flexible reporting around performance and efficiency metrics
- Enhance forecasting methodology to increase accuracy and minimize variability between actual results and budgets. Implement short and long-term enhancements to the planning cycle, including development, documentation, and validation process around driver-based forecasting models
- Maintain corporate reporting structures in FP&A business intelligence tool. Coordinate with internal customers quarterly for any changes required
- Other ad-hoc analysis, reporting, and support requests
Nice to have
- 1 – 4 years of corporate finance, investment banking, accounting, or management consulting experience or an MBA in Finance with strong internships
- Expert financial modeling skills and extensive experience building complex models from scratch
- Top-tier communication and presentation skills and the ability to tell the story behind the numbers
- Previous experience in Power BI, NetSuite, Data Rails, SAP, TM1, Hyperion, and/or Sage 100 would be a plus
- Bonus points for SaaS experience